Season 5 has finally dropped and Infinity Ward has released the latest patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This update brings the title up to version 1.24 and delivers all of the Season 5 content into the game. The patch size is 36GB on PS4, 49.8GB on Xbox One, and 54.2GB (Modern Warfare owners) & 47.4GB (Warzone F2P) on PC.
Fans of the title will be excited to hear that owners of the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have more storage on their drives. Infinity Ward has confirmed that for console owners the overall footprint will be significantly reduced. Also they added a freight train to Call of Duty: Warzone!
A brand new Battle Pass comes to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for players to dive into with some awesome content. New weapons, new operators, new blueprints, Wartracks and more are in-store for those who pick up this season’s Battle Pass. Highlights of the pass are below.
New Operator: Lerch, Shadow Company (Tier 0): Lerch’s initial look – the Operator skin “Behemoth” – becomes increasingly tactical with the “Gargantua” and “Colossus” variants earned by completing his Operators Mission. Lerch is Shadow Company’s leader and a former MARSOC member who received a general discharge under honorable conditions. Barely. Thrives in the private sector where he operates under his own terms.
Wartracks (Tier 0): Get a trio of songs so you can listen to a variety of Modern Warfare music as you drive through Verdansk. The tracks include “Sepulchre”, an audio assault of bombastic metal previously heard from inside a Juggernaut suit.
Rodion Operator Skin and Mission (Tier 0): Rodion also shows his alliance to Shadow Company with the “Archangel” skin and Mission.
XP Boost (Tier 0): Get more XP for your efforts with this 10% XP boost that lasts the duration of the Season.
Battle Pass Vehicle Highlights: Expect a dark and brooding look to many of the Battle Pass items in-keeping with the arrival of Shadow Company. These include a variety of vehicle skins like the “Tarrasch” (ATV) and “Siege Tower” (Cargo Truck). Continue your matte black vehicle collection with the “Night Ranger” (SUV) skin. Check out all the vehicle skins in the Battle Pass system and equip them in the Vehicle Customization menu.
Battle Pass Operator Skin Highlights: As well as Lerch’s evolving skin and Rodion’s “Archangel” outfit, expect a number of additional skins (with associated Operator Missions) as you progress through the Battle Pass. There’s the “Safeguard” Otter skin, “Lynx” Domino skin, Joint Task Force Mil-Sim skin, “Honcho” Yegor skin, “Pursuit Special” Wyatt skin, “Chill Pill” Syd skin, “Jackdaw” Talon skin, and the “Cut and Run” skin for Iskra. Lastly, if you’re wanting to defeat a foe with a savaging from the jet-black beak of an attack Raven, be sure to equip the “Nevermore” finisher!
Battle Pass Blueprint Weapon Highlights: As well as the previously listed free Blueprint weapons, you can earn many more additional Blueprints within the Battle Pass. These include a new melee blueprint, three handguns, two shotguns, three SMGs, two assault rifles, three LMGs, and a sniper rifle.
Battle Pass Tier 100: The ultimate Season Five Battle Pass reward is the “Rook” skin for Roze, as well as “The Veil” vehicle skin, and more. Shoot for “The Company’s Might”; negative tracer rounds for Assault Rifle Lima to fill your foes with fear as well as projectiles!
- Modern Warfare
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
Call of Duty League
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
For full patch notes you can head over to Activision.
More Modern Warfare
Are you excited for the Season 5 update? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to check out Generation Xbox for all the latest in the world of Xbox.