The World of Assassination trilogy is coming to it’s grand conclusion when Hitman 3 releases on January 20th. The upcoming sequel will offer more of what fans of the series have come to love, with unparalleled player choice and replayability. As was the case with Hitman 2, players who own the previous two games can import the locations into Hitman 3, meaning it will be the ultimate comprehensive package, encompassing every mission from across the three games if you own them all. Here’s our full Hitman 3 preview.
What About New Locations?
Of course, those of you buying the game will be eager to jump into some new exotic locations. These are the places that Agent 47 will explore in Hitman 3:
- Dubai, UAE – Agent 47 will attend the grand opening of the tallest building in the world. Roam the top floors whilst hunting your prey amidst the vibrant crowds.
- Dartmoor, United Kingdom – A murder mystery awaits Agent 47 at Thornbridge Manor. Either pursue your own goals or take on the role of detective to attempt to solve the murder.
- Berlin, Germany – Agent 47 travels to the outskirts of Berlin, a city known for fairytales, vibrant style and chaotic nightlife.
- Chongqing, China – A transportation hub illuminated under flickering vibrant neon lights, Chongqing is packed with tight streets. Stray off the beaten path to uncover countless secrets.
- Mendoza, Argentina – Amongst the well-known wine region of South America lies a vineyard that proves crucial to Agent 47’s contract.
- Carpathian Mountains, Romania – The final mission takes you to the Carpathian Mountains as Agent 47 returns to Romania for the grand epilogue.
Sounds mysterious, hmm? The story for Hitman 3 certainly is especially cryptic. What do we know about Agent 47’s adventure in the grand finale?
Agent 47 has been on a global adventure during his battle against Providence. Here is what IO Interactive have revealed about the end of his story: “Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career. Supported by his Agency handler, Diana Burnwood, 47 joins forces with his long-lost friend Lucas Grey. Their ultimate mission is to eliminate the partners of Providence, but they are forced to adapt as their hunt intensifies. When the dust settles, 47 and the world he inhabits will never be the same again.”
There are two versions available for purchase: the Standard Edition and the Deluxe Edition. Here’s what each includes:
- Standard Edition: Hitman 3 Base Game
- Deluxe Edition: Hitman 3 Base Game & the Deluxe Pack. The Deluxe Pack includes: 6 Deluxe Escalations, in-game suits, items and weapons, a digital soundtrack for each game in the World of Assassination trilogy, an introduction to each Hitman 3 campaign mission by the Game Director and a digital artbook that highlights the characters, targets and missions included in the trilogy.
For pre-ordering either version before January 20th, you will also receive the Trinity Pack. This includes a total of 9 items split into 3 sets. Each set includes a suit, briefcase and weapon representing each of the three games across the World of Assassination Trilogy.
There’s everything you need to know in our Hitman 3 preview before it launches in just a few days. The game launches on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S at 13:00 UTC on January 20th. To see the release time in your own time zone, click here.
For those of you who haven’t upgraded to the Xbox Series X|S, fear not. Players who purchase Hitman 3 on the Xbox One can upgrade to the next-gen version. This upgrade will come at no additional cost. Note that you won’t be able to receive the next-gen upgrade if you purchase Hitman 3 on disc and you own a disc-free next gen console. If you plan on buying the Xbox Series S, make sure you buy Hitman 3 digitally.
You can buy Hitman 3 on the Xbox Store here. The Standard Edition costs $59.99, whilst the Deluxe Edition costs $79.99. Will you be playing Hitman 3 when it launches on January 20th? What do you think of our Hitman 3 preview? Let us know whether you’re excited on our forums or over on our social media! Whilst you’re here, you can check out more from our team below:
Stay tuned to Generation Xbox for all the latest gaming news!