On Tuesday September 22nd, 343 Industries pushed out a new update for the Master Chief Collection. This substantial update adds a whole new season of progression unlocks like nameplates, skins, and new weapons for Halo 3, as well as a myriad of fixes. Most notably, ODST has been brought back to its original glory with the addition of the classic Firefight mode and a full release on PC.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the significant changes to Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
- Halo 3: ODST is now available for PC
- Firefight has been added across all platforms for ODST
- Debut of Season 3 for MCC which includes new nameplates as well as unlockable skins and visor colors for Halo 3. Also adds unlockable firefight characters from the original ODST
- Improvements to hit registration in Halo 3
- Addition of Halo 3: ODST weapons into the Halo 3 Sandbox such as the Silenced SMG, Automag Pistol and Brute Plasma Rifle
- Addition of Recon Slayer, which replaces Halo 3 weapons with ODST variants
- New challenges and improvements to the existing challenge system
343 has made it clear that this collection of Halo games still means a lot to them. As they continue to update the game it looks more and more like its intended debut. Hopefully 343 Industries keeps updating to make MCC better than we could have ever hoped!
For the full official patchnotes, click HERE!
For all the latest on Halo and Halo Infinite, stay with Generation Xbox!